An Update About COVID-19
Dear Friends and Clients:
We want to take a moment to thank you for your understanding and your patience during this trying time as we are all adjusting to our new realities and learning how to navigate the uncertainties of each day.
We also want to express our sincere thanks to the nurses, doctors and healthcare workers that are on the front lines keeping us safe and caring for those that are sick. We could not survive this crisis without you and we salute your bravery, dedication and your service to humanity. You are our heroes.
All of us at NOAG are working hard to keep things rolling, but we also recognize that the health and safety of our community is the top priority right now. Like so many of you, we have been anxiously watching the spread of COVID-19 throughout the world and in our own communities. On Friday afternoon, the Mayor of New Orleans issued a “stay at home” mandate similar to orders that have been given in other cities and states across the country. Yesterday, the Governor of Louisiana issued a similar statewide mandate. Residents have been urged to stay home as much as possible and non-essential businesses have been ordered to temporarily close. We support the Mayor and the Governor's decision and are committed to doing our part to “flatten the curve”.
What this means:
- Our March 28-29 Estates Auction is postponed. We will provide a date when there is clarity on when the “stay at home" mandate will be lifted.
- Our gallery is closed until further notice and our staff will be working remotely.
- We will not be able to accommodate pickups at this time, but we will not be charging storage fees during the time that we are closed.
- We will respond to condition reports and extra image requests already submitted as soon as we are able to reopen the gallery.
- We will continue to respond to consignment inquiries as quickly as possible.
- Please send all questions or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we recognize that we are not providing essential services, we know that many of you are passionate about art, antiques and collecting, and we are committed to continuing to present beautiful auctions as soon as we are told it is safe to reopen. The situation is changing daily and we are closely monitoring recommendations from state and local officials.
We look forward to a time when we can all be together again. Until then, stay safe and stay in touch.
All of us at New Orleans Auction Galleries
New Orleans Auction Galleries
333 Saint Joseph Street
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130